Saturday, June 23, 2018

Is My Blog Dead?! | Olivia J

"If there is a book you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it," -Toni Morrison

Is my blog . . . dead?

No, that's a serious question - does anyone read this anymore? My stats say that people do . . . 

Have I killed my own blog? 

Earlier in the year, I was going strong with consistent analysis posts, ripping into your favorites with snark and ruthless critique. And I loved doing that. I still do. But those posts take a lot of time and effort that I haven't been feeling lately. I've been a lot more focused on reading, writing, and my Instagram account (@olivia.j.the.wordshaker)

So, my blog has suffered. My viewership has gone down. I've been less consistent. And maybe it's just my blog going through phases, like anything else in my life. But truly, I'm feeling a bit discouraged about it all. 

What is this blog? Where is it going? For the longest time, it was a catch-all for everything that wasn't novel-writing. Poems, philosophical musings, life updates, analysis posts. And I feel like that hasn't changed much. 

But there's this strange phenomena that I experience - my writing goes through phases. Like the moon. And I'm in a phase where the writing has slowed, and I think that's because I'm busy living life. I'm busy gathering the material that will fuel my next novel. Actually, that's a pretty hard place to be, because any time spent not writing isn't a good time. 

I don't think there's a point to this blog post. Maybe this blog is dying. Maybe it needs to. But as of right now, this blog is still my word dump. Read it or don't, I don't care. 

~The WordShaker

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you’re having problems with this Olivia! I can only wish you the best❤️ You work hard and deserve better

    ReplyDelete