Saturday, August 11, 2018

On College | Olivia J

"Nothing is so healing as the realization that he has come upon the right word," -Catherine Drinker Bowen

So. My first (full) semester of college starts in a little over a week. I would say that I'm scared, but I'm not. It's just community college.

I'm much more apprehensive about going to SCAD because it's just become so real. And along with that realization, the idea that that 'living in a cramped apartment eating Ramen noodles 24/7' has become even more real. College, am I right? *cries in student debt*

I really am looking forward to community college. For the first time in six years, I'm going to school again with my best friend. One of my college professors is also a self-published author. 

SCAD is less of a dream, and more of a reality. But the problem is that reality still seems so unattainable. My world is now just a ticking time bomb, both here in my home state and as a student, safely cushioned in the world of classrooms. 

For the first time, I'm reconsidering my life. Is this really what I want to do? Is all of this really worth it?

Fortunately, these answers have all been 'yes', but is 'yes' enough? Is drive enough to push me through the intense curriculum? Is passion enough to pay tens of thousands of dollars? Is writing worth this one life I have? Will I regret not getting a more 'sensible' degree?

To these other questions though, all I have to rely on is faith. The faith that God has taken me this far, and that he'll continue to take me even further. Believing until I see it, and believing even when I don't see it for a long, long time. 

I'm not sure this post has a point, other than to update you all on where I am. Also to remind you that faith can carry you through the most insane and unbelievable of circumstances. He is forever faithful. 

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment