Saturday, December 3, 2016

Adam Young Score Project Reviews and Wrap Up


"I am fallen, flawed, and imperfect. Yet drenched in the grace and mercy that is found in Jesus Christ, there is strength," -Adam Young

To wrap up these eleven amazing scores, not only am I going to be ranking this one alongside the others, I am also going to be giving a short description of the mood of the score. 

1. Omaha Beach, June - 20/10


     -Gripping, heartbreakingly beautiful, viscerally courageous and shockingly breathtaking. This score is my favorite because it portrays the emotions of the event absolutely perfectly. 


2. RMS Titanic, March - 15/10


     -Anxiety ridden, elegant, evocative, and absolutely haunting. This score is a perfect period piece and grabs the listener into the story. 

3. Corduroy Road, September - 11/10


    -Lively, solemnly beautiful, cultured and pensive. This score is so perfect in it's execution of the tone, because it takes a different route than Omaha Beach in that this score shows beauty in even an awful thing like war. 

4. Apollo 11, February - 10/10


     -Triumphant, captivating, emotional. The score to which all others are compared. 

5. Miracle in the Andes, July - 9.5/10


     -Emotional, triumphant, and utterly and basally beautiful. This score boasts with a beautiful survival tone and a strong sense of human persistence. 

6. The Spirit of St. Louis, April - 9/10


     -Exquisite, but also with a dark tone. This score shows the ups and downs of the first transatlantic flight with beauty and grace. 

7. The Endurance, December - 8.75/10


     -Transformative, gritty and captivating. This final score takes the cake with classic themes and ideas from the past scores to make a kicker out of the last score of the year. 

8. Voyager 1, October - 8.5/10


     -Modern, electronic infused, and perfectly themed. This score channels less of the emotions of the event but more of the aesthetic of the event in the beauty of the solar system. 

9. Mount Rushmore, November - 8.25/10


     -Imaginative, throbbing with a full orchestra, and indicative of the time. This score is short and sweet, but packs a punch of great human feats. 

10. The Ascent of Everest, May - 7/10


     -Shimmeringly cold, and channels triumphant emotions. This score, although lower on my list, builds gloriously with guitar and sounds of snow. 

11. Project Excelsior, August - 6.5/10


     -Cohesive, modern, and hard hitting with guitars. This score, although my least favorite, has it's footholds on being listenable. 


~

Granted, this is my opinion, and the way that I rate these on how 'good' they are in my mind is how well I can picture them in my head and how well I can feel them in my heart. 

So, thank you, Adam Young, for a groundbreaking year in your discography. Thank you for giving me amazing music to write to. Thank you for taking me on so many audio journeys this year. 

Thank you, Adam. 

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment