Saturday, January 14, 2017

2017 TBR List | Olivia J

"A writer never finds time to write. A writer makes it," - Nora Roberts

Since I relatively failed on the books that I said I was going to read this year, many of these books are overflow from my 2016 TBR List. Read 2016's TBR Wrap Up here.


follow me on instagram @olivia.j.the.wordshaker

These first three are the overflow books from last year.  

1. Looking for Alaska by John Green (YA Fiction)



Still, I'm constantly barraged with exclamations that this book is the Second Coming. Still, I haven't had much interest to read it, but I know I will eventually. Past Olivia believes in future Olivia that she'll eventually read it. 

2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman (YA Fiction)



I still have a passion to read this book because it seems like it fits within my genre, however, my passion to read it right now has died. I'm keeping it on my list for the sole reason that I told myself I would. 

3. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (YA Romance)



Truthfully, the only reason  I haven't read this book is because I haven't been able to get my hands on it. 


~

On to the new reads for this year. 

4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (YA Fantasy)



One of my best friends Elieen gave glowing reviews of this book, and I trust her so I thought I'd give this a whirl. However, it is fantasy, and isn't something I'd normally pick up. Three cheers for expanding our tastes!

5. Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (YA Fiction) 



I discovered this book because of the booktube community, and immediately when I heard of it, I knew I'd love it. Equal parts quirky and heartfelt, it's a book I'd surely love. 

6. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman (YA Historical)



I'm not entirely sure why this book is on the list, but the cover - and even the concept - just hooked me. It's about a girl out for blood in the wild west. Sounds badass, hopefully touching. 

7. The Call by Peadar O'Guilin (YA Science Fiction)



Again, thanks booktube. In case you couldn't tell, I've been on the booktube community. But I was told that this book has dashes of The Hunger Games in it, and that alone will draw me in. 

8. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini (YA Fiction)



This is a book I have to read whilst in good mental health, because it's about a boy who admits himself into a mental hospital and the things he learns, and the people he meets. As someone who suffers from anxiety, I hope that this book reaches me and portrays mental illness properly. 


~

As usual, I'll most likely read more books than the ones on this list, and hopefully I'll remember to document them for my 2017 TBR Wrap-up!

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment