Saturday, March 4, 2017

Grace > Judgement | Olivia J

"To write something, you have to risk making a fool of yourself," -Anne Rice

Grace is far more powerful than judgement. It's also more positive. 

Lately, I've been forced - or rather, I've chosen - to look at people and situations in the light of grace, rather than judgement. Realizing that everyone  is the way they are because of their past, because of certain aspects of their life has been transformative in the way that I view people. 

Instead of reacting with judgement, with "Screw them, they're just an awful person!" I take a step back and consider the person and the context. 

Not that this excuses a person's toxic or harmful actions, but rather, that I humanize them, show empathy, and give rationale to their seemingly dumb, cruel, and stupid actions. 

I suppose it's just a kinder, less harmful use of my over-analyzing skills, eh?

But what I wish what my readers can take away is to choose grace over judgement. Choose understanding over anger. Choose to see things for what they are, and not through a negative lens. 

It will have an impact on not only your emotional state, but your actions as well. Trust me, I'd know. 

~TheWordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment