Saturday, March 18, 2017

Our Personal and Christian Identity

"A writer's goal is to weave the ordinary into fine silk ad the truly extraordinary into diaphanous clarity," -C.J. Heck

Without our identity, we are nothing. 

Not even the summation of our broken parts, because not even that defines us. Without our identity - our identity in Christ, within ourselves - we are easily tossed by the seas of life. 


Our identity - as children of God, and also as individuals - is the foundation of everything else in our lives. 

If you foundation is in another person, they'll fail. If it is in yourself, your sin nature will always prevail. If it is in your talents, you'll fail, or someone won't appreciate them. 

The only anchor that draws me back from my feelings, from my failures, is the knowledge of who I am. And some days, when the wind screams, the rain is a torrential downpour, and I am just a sailboat caught in a hurricane, I hold steadfast to the unshakable iron of who I am. 

Not what I think I am, not what anyone else says I am. But who God says I am. 

Find your identity. And then never let it go. 

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment