Saturday, January 6, 2018

twenty seventeen | Olivia J

"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little," -Holley Gerth

2017 didn't even feel like a year. 

And now, looking back on it, I can see that it was more of a transition year. A year of transitioning into the transition period of college and moving away from home. 

Only one big thing happened this year, and if you've been following me for a while, I think you can guess it. I published my novel! That's significant in its own right, and could fill up its own blog post. 



An honorable mention goes out to the author community and the bookish community on Instagram. You've been an amazing and kind community where I've found so many awesome friends!

But I think it's more worth it if I looked forward to 2018. These are not necessarily my goals for 2018, but the things that will fill my hours. 

I'm planning on publishing my second book, A Panther In the Snow. I'm going to graduate high school and start college full-time. I'm going to be a writer on The Branches of Jesus emag. 

And who knows what other adventures will find me. 

To close, some photo documentation of the year. 













This year wasn't great, but it surely hasn't been one of the worst. 

But, to quote the first lines of my new novel: 

"Some days, everything's a-okay. Other days, it's not. But Terra says that's just how life works. There'll never be a time when you have all good days or all bad days."

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment