Saturday, December 1, 2018

I'm going to be featured in a Christmas Anthology! | Olivia J

"Sometimes reality is too complex. Stories give it form,"
 -Jean Luc Godard

Instagram is by far my favorite platform. I've met some amazing writer friends on there who I can lean on in times of (writerly) trouble. 

I have always wanted to write a Christmassy story, so I put something out on my story about it, as well as messaged my wonderful group of writer friends. Miraculously, everyone felt the same! Other people had been toying around with ideas - and so the Young Author Christmas Anthology was born!

Unfortunately, it is still without a title . . .

follow me on Instagram @olivia.j.the.wordshaker


The anthology will contain everything from poems, to mystery flash fiction, to heartfelt contemporary reads, to fantasy short stories. I made a rule that above all else, this story has to be true to the author and reflect their personal tastes and style. It's a grab bag for everyone! If you find yourself loving a certain story or writing style, the author bios will contain information on how to read more of the writer's work.

While each story is vastly different, there is a thread that connects all of them. Each story has Easter eggs or references that tie the stories together. I'm excited to hear about your fan theories when it comes out!

All profits will be donated to an Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome charity, since one of our authors, Kalan Olivia, has been diagnosed with this condition. We all wanted to use this as an opportunity to not only spread our writing and creativity, but to also do something good in this season of giving. 

Here's a list of all our wonderful authors:

Olivia J. Bennett - me!
Mary Conway - @conwaywrites
S. M. Creanza - @s.m.creanza.writes
Emma Dennin - @emmadenninwrites
Kalan Olivia - @kalanoliviaauthor
McCaid Paul - @mccaidpaul
Olivia Faye Scott - @oliviafayebooks
Alyssa Tyson - @alyssa.tyson
Maddyson Wilson - @maddywritesbooks

Our plan is for both the ebook and the print copies to be available by mid-December! Stay posted with updates on my Instagram @olivia.j.the.wordshaker

~The WordShaker

1 comment:

  1. Looking for someone to write a blog about how freelancers would benefit from using our product (www. http://pzp9yuz0np.dip.jp http://mc5vava167.dip.jp http://p8idhbsyjd.dip.jp

    ReplyDelete