Sunday, April 19, 2015

Where Are You? A Love Poem by Yours Truly

"Poetry is language at it's most distilled and most powerful," -Rita Dove

Every once in a while, I actually do write a poem, but the mood must strike me.  So, enjoy this small and rare gem about my future husband. 

"Where Are You?  A Love Poem by Yours Truly" by Olivia J
Copyright 2015 Olivia J

Where are you?
That's what I really want to know.
There's a part of me that knows
that knows you exist
that knows you're out there
breathing
praying
living
but for now
you'll remain a figment of my imagination
as blurry as the clouds.

Where are you?
I know that I already love you
for our relationship is the epitome of God-ordained.
But where are you?
I'd really like to know
for here,
where I am,
it's lonely
it's hostile
but I hope it's not like that for you.

Where are you,
my sweet puzzle piece
for I already long for you to love me
so I can love you.
I look out at the world
every day
wondering where you are
if I just bumped into you in the hallway
or saw you in Walmart,
but everywhere are blank faces and disappointments
none like me
and I hope none like you as well.

Where are you?
For my youthful body
already lusts after yours.
I long to be intimate with you
just you
and me
and God
and skin pressed against skin
to form a bond no power of hell can break.
And I suspect you yearn for the same.

Where are you,
my husband?
Are you sitting on your bed, too
pining away for the woman of your dreams
just as I am.
I hate to break it to you
I'm not perfect
I might not be the perfect wife
I might not always do it right
But I will love you
And I will submit to you
And someday
I hope we can love God together.

So,
where are you,
Romeo?
For I'll be out there
waiting
watching
loving.

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment