Saturday, January 2, 2016

Life is a mystery waiting to be unraveled. (2015 in Overview)

"There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you," -Beatrix Potter

Life is a mystery waiting to be unraveled, and the years are the stepping stones along the path we all take.

Never did I think that I would get so low that the only place to go was up.  Never did I think that I would suffer my first broken heart.  Never did I think that a family member would commit suicide.

But never did I think that I would overcome.  Never did I think that I would go on my first date.  Never did I think that I would finish my novel. Never was I able to show love to the lost more than I was this year.

Never could I have predicted all of the bad that would befall, but never could I have imaged the great.  Truly, 2015 was a year of change and overcoming.

And never did I think that I would experience God's love like I have in this past year.

Never have I been a stronger, better and more mature person, which, truly, is the second most important thing in life.

Going into the year, I set only one goal for myself: to finish the first draft of 'A Cactus In the Valley' (Then 'Deus Ex Eremus: God From the Wilderness'. I'm still, ahem, working on the title). And on October 3rd, 2015, the first draft of my second novel was complete at 321 pages, and 109,853 words.

Only can I thank God for all of the good that has happened to me, and truthfully, I thank Him for the bad (hindsight is 20/20).  Because without my Savior, my life wouldn't be as flourishing as it is.  And despite myself, He his guiding me.

God qualifies the called, not calls the qualified.

So, writers, be encouraged! Take heart, for He has overcome the world. Set goals, because you can do anything through Christ who strengthens you.

My goals are as follows:
1. Swim more on a regular basis, because heck, I love it!
2. Finish A Cactus In the Valley 100% and get it ready for publication.
3. Prepare for marriage (domestic things as well as spiritual maturity and prepare to be a wife)

So, 2016.  Hit me with your best shot.

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment