Friday, February 5, 2016

Part 1.2: Journey Into the Heart - Blog Journal of "Writing In the Glory"

"The worst thing you write is better than the best thing you did not write," -Unknown


Woo hoo! Week 2 of my journey through "Writing In the Glory" is here!  Enjoy. 

1. What is the book idea that you have that you want to release?

My book idea is about, believe it or not, a school shooting.  More specifically, a story of healing and growth told through 3 points of view, occasionally switching to the POV of the shooter. This is the story of how Blair, Jason, and Shay find themselves in creating an artistic documentary of the shooting.

2. Why do you want to write a book on this topic?

It's funny, but I'm not sure why.  I love the themes of redemption, healing and personal growth, so this is mostly what all of my stories are about. Mostly because this is going to be a representation of life, and of normal people doing extraordinary things.  Also, because school shootings and gun violence is a hot topic of today, and I want to add my five cents to the pool, and I believe that God is calling me to tell this poignant story.

3. What are you most excited about in relation to the journey of releasing your book?

Actually writing it is always my favorite part. Because then, even if I know how the story is going to unfold (because I plot everything out before), I am still walking through the story with my characters, experiencing it with them.  Since publication is much less tangible than conception or execution, I enjoy the part of writing that I know is closer.  However, I will never let go of the hope of getting my stories out there.

Dream on, fellow writers.

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment