Saturday, May 6, 2017

BLOOM 2017 | Olivia J

"A writer, I think, is someone who pays attention to the world," -Susan Sontag

Every year, Bloom surpasses itself. This year, I was unfortunately bogged down with other things in my life - namely my job - but, regardless . . . IT'S BLOOM. 

follow me on instagram @olivia.j.the.wordshaker

   
I felt that I had a much stronger display of art and writing. I also purchased my own business cards! This only reinforces my unflinching desire to go to SCAD and make writing and art my career. 




Shoutout to the amazing Creative Writing Club for sticking through it all, even when it's rough. You are all my children and I'm so proud of all of you!

My art was featured as well. The piece that was selected was "Fresh Air", a 16x20 collage. 

Fresh Air, collage. Copyright 2017


Overall, Bloom was great, but it went by way too fast. The preparation, the event, everything. I wish we could go back and do it all again, because it's my favorite kind of stress.

Also, please take a business card from me because I'm desperate.  

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment