Saturday, July 8, 2017

On Not Feeling Good Enough | #OliviaJisPublished

"Don't write until it's perfect, write until it's right," -Ryan Reudell

Yes, you read that right. #OliviaJisPublished 

However, this isn't what this blog post is about. More on that hashtag later, because this is only the first of many posts about this wonderful topic. ;)

I've been hard at work on the last draft of A Cactus In the Valley, my work-in-progress. Read about that here. 

However, as I edit and format and edit some more, I always get worried that it's never enough. 

That my work - including my art - will just get lost in the noise of the never-ending stream of content that is the internet (and the publishing industry). 

That no matter how much work I put into my craft, that it will never be up to the standard that I want it to be. 

That no matter how good my work is, no matter how much I advertise and push people to look at my stuff and read my books, I still won't be able to reach people. 

I'm not sure that this post has a point, other than to get the dialogue started for #OliviaJisPublished. And to let out my feelings, as per usual. 

Follow me on Instagram, @olivia.j.the.wordshaker and Wattpad @oliviajthewordshaker if you're feeling adventurous. 

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment