Saturday, August 12, 2017

WHY I'm Publishing my Novel | #OliviaJisPublished

"A writer is simply a photographer of thoughts," -Brandon Trean

"But Olivia, you want to publish your book because you want people to read it, duh!"

Well, kind of. 

It's a bit more complicated than that. 

Sure, I want people to read A Cactus In the Valley, and enjoy it as much as I do. 

But my original intent in seeking out self-publishing was to put a period on A Cactus In the Valley. As you know, many other ideas have been boiling on the back-burner, but A Cactus In the Valley was still open, in progress. By publishing it, by finally compiling an official manuscript and having copies, it will be done. I can finally let go of it and move on to my next project. 

So, I've been working through the last draft, until I come to a point that I'm happy with it. And I can finally say that I am, despite it never being perfect. It never will be perfect. 

But hell, this was a long time coming, and I hate to say that I'll be glad when I can stop editing and formatting and such and begin creating again.

But at this point, I'm making the finishing touches on the interior, and have already received a few proof copies. When I get back to school, my goal is to have the cover completed by the end of August, so there's plenty of time to order final proofs and the first print run of 50 copies during September.

This is real, and in the coming months, #OliviaJisPublished will be everywhere....

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment