Friday, December 29, 2017

2018 TBR List

"A writer is an engineer of the human soul."


'Tis the Season for new TBRs!

This is not an expansive list by any means, and if trends continue, I probably won't read all of the books on this list, and I'll read others that aren't on this list. 



I just do this to hold myself accountable, I suppose.



On with the books!



In no particular order. 



Last Year's DNF's and Overflow

1. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas



Only because I need to finish the series. 



2. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

I've been meaning to read this for so long, but I've found that I need to be in the right headspace to read it, and I have yet to be in that right headspace. 



3. Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo




I just need to read this!

New to my TBR (in no particular order)



1. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green



This has been recommended to me more times than I can count. I haven't been a fan of Green's books in the past, but I have a good feeling about this one. 

2. The Last True Love Story by Brendan Kiely




I found this book while I was working at the library *shudders*, but I found the premise wonderfully unique. It sounds like a heartfelt and emotional road trip that I need in my life. 



3. Lord of the Flies by William Goulding




This is a survival genre staple, so of course it's in my collection. 

4. Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi


I've actually heard some bad things about this series, but I adore the covers. I've also heard that the writing is beautiful, and I'm such a sucker for good writing. 

5. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton


This is one of those books I'm ashamed I haven't read. In 8th grade, the standard classes read this, but the advanced class read The Phantom of the Opera. Did not like that one. 


6. Wild Bird by Wendelin Van Draanen


By the synopsis, I was hooked. A survival story about personal change? Can you get any more Olivia? So pumped to read this!



7. Every Last Word by Tamera Ireland Stone


I am also in the middle of reading this, and I'm loving it so far! Excited to finally read this beauty!

~

Tell me what book you're most excited to read in 2018 down below!

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment