Saturday, July 18, 2015

Poem: Equality Parts 1&2, and an Update on Mobile Orchestra

"Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words,"
-Edgar Allen Poe

A list of small facts about yours truly:
1. I am a bad, pathetic poet.
2. Please refer to #1.

But I was feeling inspired, so here's something I whipped up.



Equality by Olivia J


I.

Somehow, we have this idea
That we could all be the same in this area
But it's not hard to see that we're not all the same
Even though this causes much bane.

In this world,
I have been told
that equality is the answer
when our selfish desires are the romancer.

However, I am not trying to say
that malice is okay
because everyone deserves some basic human respect
but we must remember that diversity makes our world flecked.

The only point I desire to get across,
And I'll make sure not to gloss,
over the fact that human nature
is quite evil, and we should only denature

By the grace of Jesus Christ
because I know that my heart has been a heist.

II.

Equality can never be obtained
unless we are drained
of our imperfections
by the perfect one.

But what is equality, anyways?
Just a rouse to keep our insecurities at bay?
Accept and love yourself.
We shouldn't care about anyone on the lonely shelf.

If you're angry at society,
If this is a source of anxiety,
Why is it any of your business
that your peers make progress?

Even if you don't agree,
why can't we live in harmony?
Because harmony means different notes
and then, we could finally float.

And remember, that variety is the spice of life;
So, if I may ask, could we let go of the strife?




Lastly, I would like to give an update on my review of Owl City's Mobile Orchestra.  Like most of his music, it grew on me.  I like Can't Live Without You much more now.  I realize why Mobile Orchestra is so all-over-the-place, so to speak.  This quote, found on the Owl City website, explains it all.

“Mobile Orchestra is all about variety,” he asserts. “In the past, I’ve set out to make albums that were designed to be a singular listening experience, flowing from track to track. This time around, the songs are like ten rabbit holes that go off in different directions. I had never approached a record like this. I wanted to clear the slate and forget what I knew in order to create a new experience. I spent two years working on it, and it had the time to grow in between every idea. That’s why there’s so much going on.”

I understand the concept behind what Adam is saying here, I just don't know that I like it.  Again, it took me a while to get used to the blend of old and new sounds found on this album, but overall, I really do like it.

Peace, Love and Never Stop Writing,

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment