Saturday, September 2, 2017

Some Thoughts Before Ending the #OliviaJisPublished Journey...

"Writers are desperate people, and when they stop being desperate, they stop being writers," -Charles Bukowski


I'm not sure why I'm attempting on amassing my thoughts this late in the game. I suppose because now, it's become real. 
25/75 copies. 
But what I can concur is that I'm afraid.  I'm afraid of what people will think when they read it. I'm afraid that the story won't come off the way I intended it to. 

I'm scared because I think I've lost sight of why I'm doing this in the first place. I'm scared because I know this story will never be perfect, and I hate that. 

I'm worried about leaving this story behind. It was such an integral part of my high school career, and I suppose, by finishing this off, I'm putting the period on high school too. I have to move on, to other projects. 

On the flip side, this has been a massive learning experience. Now I know that I can publish a book! I know I can do it, not for others, but for myself. I had to do pretty much everything by myself, and, since I'm going into this career field, I ought to know this sooner or later. I'm eternally grateful for this opportunity and this amazing - yet gruelingly difficult - journey.

But, in the end, thank you, Sonoran desert, for giving me a place to blossom, and thank you, Terra and Wyatt, for helping me find myself. 



Not sure what else to say. I'm humbled and scared all at the same time. All glory be to Christ. 

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment