Saturday, June 20, 2015

#GroupTherapy Inspired by Amy Sauder

"Write until it becomes as natural as breathing.  Write until not writing makes you anxious," -Unknown

First of all, I changed my Instagram username to @olivia.j.the.wordshaker to match my blog for ya'll. 

Since the wonderful Amy Sauder is one of my best writer-friends, I will be supporting her and jumping on her bandwagon of what she calls Group Therapy. This is a phenomenon where book characters (my book characters, specifically), respond to my life problems. 

So, here goes nothing.  These characters are all from my WIP, Deus Ex Eremus: God from the Wilderness.  This story has very few characters, but that's just the style and genre of the book. Like honestly, besides these 6, there are probably only like 4 more characters who are only in for a scene or two. 

Wyatt: He sighs and crosses his arms, looking at me with a certain intense kindness in his eyes.  "Well, if it makes you feel any better, this will all end one way or another. Nothing lasts forever."

Terra: She pauses before speaking, the gears visibly turning in her head. "You, know, I've been through something like this before, and what helps for me is to put it in perspective. Focus on everything good in your life. Imagine the future - if conditions allow, you'll probably live way past this problem anyways." 

Lilly: She immediately lurches toward me and wraps me in her soft, stick-like arms. No words from Lilly are needed

Harper: She tosses her hair and scowls playfully at me.  "Suck it up, I know you're stronger than this." But after her harsh words, she is generous with her affections. 

Wyatt's uncle, Adam: He clears his throat, scratching his salt and pepper stubble and smiling. "Don't die." Winking at me, he slaps a meaty hand on my back and laughs.  "Just joking.  You've got this, kid."

Terra's grandma, Eloise: With a cocked, half smile, she says to me.  "You're never fully dressed without a smile!" 

Hope you enjoyed hearing what my characters had to say! 

Follow Amy Sauder at amylsauder.wordpress.com

~The WordShaker

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is so fun! I love "if conditions allow," hahaha hilarious. Analytical one there. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete