Saturday, March 5, 2016

When Your Story Isn't Done With You Yet

"Sometimes, only paper will listen to you," -Pulchritude Press

A writer's gotta write.

And lately, I haven't been doing much of that.

With my novel in the beta-process and the two stories I have ideas for are sticking as well as throwing paper darts at a smooth wall, I have found myself focusing in on my blog, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But still, I feel useless, inept, when I don't have a story to throw myself into. And even though the beta-reader process sucks more often than not, I still find myself clinging to these characters, this world. With my last novel, I found myself having a sense of catharsis, and when I got it done, the passion for it faded. I didn't have this urge that I have with this one for people to read it, for it to be polished and perfect, to get it in to people's hands.

But I can't seem to move on to another story, even while this one is in a lull concerning it's author. I guess Wyatt, Terra, and the endless desert of their lives aren't done with me.

Which is totally fine by me.

Blessing and encouragement to you all, writers!

~The WordShaker

2 comments:

  1. If you find yourself wanting to focus more on one thing besides another, then that's perfectly alright. I know it's easy to feel useless when you're not consumed in a project. I've been forced to step away from one of my big projects because I have to focus on being a college student. Don't let it get you down though! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! Someone who knows how I feel about this! It's times like these when I have to start working on some more art.

      Delete