Saturday, February 13, 2016

Called To Love

"What people are ashamed of usually makes a good story," -F. Scott Fitzgerald

Sometimes, I get so caught up.  So caught up in needless things, worthless things. And I forget.  I lose sight of the light at the end of this tunnel, because I look away.


But I can't forget.  I can't forget that I am called to love. On this less-taken path, I get distracted by the sharp stones that cut my calloused feet open.  By the aromatic flowers that poison my lungs. By the tree branches that reach up and block out the light.



But I can't let go.  I can't forget.  I have no other purpose of in my life other than love. I am called to love. I need to keep my eyes on the prize, keep my eyes turned up toward Him.  I must act as a mirror, reflecting the love that he shows to me back to the world.  But I get so caught up in everything that doesn't matter.  The world grabs me by the shirt collars and drags me down, and for a few fleeting moments, I want to follow it. But I can't.  I can't let myself.




Because I am made for more. I am called to love, and I can't let that go, or this will all be for nothing.  

~The WordShaker

No comments:

Post a Comment